Saturday, August 12, 2017

2017-2018 Classroom Reveal

Welcome to Room 204! #room204learningmore















Every year I have a classroom theme. Last year I changed from a Sports theme to a BRIGHT theme. We were One BRIGHT Bunch. One BRIGHT as in-busy working, rigor learning, information seeking, goal crushing, high achieving, tackling tasks bunch. This year I decided to keep the bright colors but transformed a bit into a motivational room. I knew I knew I was going to have a couple of low students in my class this year so I wanted to post encouraging messages/daily reminders around my classroom. My kids and I love it! 
As you can see I have zero chairs in my classroom. Last year I also transformed my room into 21st century classroom. I ditched my chairs, textbooks, and worksheets and incorporated flexible seating, more technology, less paper, and student-led lessons with a lot of collaborative conversations. It changed me as whole. I learned myself as an individual as well as a teacher last year. This year I've decided to take it a step further and go completely paperless. The only paper you will see in my classroom is scratch paper and construction paper. We are on the move in room 204. Watch us grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment